Saturday, July 25, 2009

DC and NY

Well, DC, NY and now Vermont is gonna be one post because I'm soooo tired!!!  

DC was a whirlwind.....and NY was amazing.  I really could live there.  Even now, with kids, I 'd totally live there.  I just love that city and always have.  I'm bummed I was only there for one night and one day - but it's so expensive, we couldn't do any more than that!   The kids loved it, though; we arrived in a rainstorm and metmy cousin, Lauren at the Top of the Rock - which was awesome, even in the rain.  I have always wanted pics of NY buildings on a cloudy day....and now I have plenty!  It was great - afterwards we rode the subway to Lauren and Nathan's adorable Greenwich Village apt. and had pizza, sorbet, ice cream, and wine!  What a great night....wish it could have lasted longer.  We hopped back onto the subway and headed back to the Upper East side where our hotel was.  I don't think I can explain how excited the kids were to ride subways.  (and taxi's!)  The kids crashed and the next day we hit the ground running, literally - all the way to FAO Schwartz (it was really hard getting them out of there), American Girl Place and the Nat'l History Museum.  That place is insane - so big; so much to see....the kids were exhausted by the time we left.  We hit another pizza place on our way back to the hotel (by way of Grand Central because Reece really wanted to check it out).  Then the driving started - the LONG drive.

It wouldn't have been so bad had it not been raining - again.  We cannot get around this rain!  Andrew got us here in 6 hours and we crashed!  

Today we went out to Shelburne Museum here in Vermont - really cool.  It's a huge museum; lots of old buildings, dating back to the 1800's, all rich in history....really awesome.  
I'll post some pics later about that - it's been great catching up with family (Andrew's mother and brother & his family live here, so we are spending time with them.....and tomorrow Andrew's older brother, Chris and his family are coming in for breakfast!)  Lots to do, lots of catching up, etc....

Gotta get some rest!!







No comments:

Post a Comment