Saturday, July 18, 2009

Post wedding exhaustion

Look at my boys how sweet!  I have so many photos to edit but I just wanted to pull one quick one to post for the blog.  Love this photo of them, just wish I could have grabbed Avery too (no telling where she was!)....I know I have one of all of them but I haven't gone through each and every photo yet.  There's literally 1500 pics at least....I'm a little obsessive.

We had so much fun at the wedding, and so much fun in Louisiana in general.  I'm also happy I got to witness a beautiful storm tonight too, as a sort of "send off" for me.  I love the rain in the south in the summer....and us Californians never get good rainstorms!  Especially not one with thunder and lightning.  I'm going to miss everyone so much - I can't ever stay long enough it seems; and this trip in particular was so short!  Although, Andrew and I were commenting today on how even though we've been gone for only a week, it feels like a month!  I can't believe we've done so much in just a week!!  And our journey is FAR from over....it's going to be great.  


So off we go to Florida tomorrow - will just stay the night in Jacksonville and then head up through Savannah, Charleston and Myrtle Beach the next day....hopefully I'll be able to get some editing done in the car tomorrow so I can start posting some pics from the wedding.   I still can't believe Nic is married!  I realize he's a grown man and everything, but when your brother is 10 years younger than you, it just feels strange!  (and makes you feel old!)  I'm so happy for him, though; Holly is amazing  - just PERFECT for him and such a beautiful person, inside and out....and of course, she made a stunning bride, which is why I can't wait to edit those pics!   It's funny, I was in such "work" mode the entire time, and about midway through the ceremony when they were exchanging vows and I was behind the camera....it hit me - my baby brother is married - just didn't register until then, and I got all teary, which is not good for a photographer - gotta see what we're shooting!!!  Reece was really cute - Andrew said that when Nic and Holly walked up to the altar, he looked at Andrew and said, "Ohhhh, Uncle Nic is getting married!"......I mean, we've only told him a million times!  But he had to see with it with his own eyes I guess!   Too funny.

Bye from Louisiana, and I'll try to post more tomorrow from either Mississippi, Alabama, or Florida!  

No comments:

Post a Comment